Belief in Allah’s Books is a pillar of Eeman. A person is not a believer without this pillar. Allah SWT says:
“O you who believe! Believe in Allah, and His Messenger, and the book that He has sent down to His Messenger, and the Scripture that He sent down to those before, and whosoever disbelieves in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Last Day, then indeed he has strayed far away. [4:136].
Belief in the books entails:
· Believing in the previous Books that Allah revealed to His messengers. Included are those that Allah has specifically mentioned in the Quran such as:
· The scriptures of Ibraheem: And this is in the former Scriptures, the Scriptures of Ibraheem and Moosa. [87:18-19]
· The Zaboor: ….and unto Dawood We gave the Zaboor. [17:55]
· The Tawraah: Verily, We did send down the Tawrah [to Moosa]. Therein was guidance and light. [5:44]
· The Injeel: Then, We sent after them, Our messengers, and We sent ‘Eesa son of Maryam, and gave him the Injeel…. [57:27]
· There are many other books of an unknown number and with unknown names.
Allah had told the Prophet (PBUH) that other Prophets were not believed before, even though they were given books and clear proofs.